Supply Chain Sustainability
Dana believes that sustainability throughout the entire lifecycle of our products is critical to achieving our environmental objectives. We encourage our supply chain to create and grow their long-term environmental and social value by employing good governance practices and participating in reducing their impact on the environment.
Dana is focused on the following activities for its supply base:
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations and to adhere to and support international principles for sustainable business conduct
- Taking actions that result in better social, economic, and environmental impacts for society and our business
- Managing and seeking to improve environmental, social, and economic performance with good governance throughout supply chains to ensure companies act in their own interests, the interests of their stakeholders, and the interests of society at large
In order to achieve success in these areas, Dana uses a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) scorecard for its suppliers to measure safety, diversity, compliance, human rights, and security.
- Health & Safety Policy?
- Certified Safety management system?
- Health and Safety audits regularly conducted at this facility?
- Do you have a formal incident resolution process?
- Emergency response management system?
- Does your organization measure and visualize Safety related metrics?
- Formalized process for 5S?
- Work-related fatalities within the past two (2) prior calendar years?
- Code or policy on employee diversity?
- Code or policy on supplier diversity?
- Diversity related metrics for purchasing?
- Goals and associated action plans to achieve and measure progress in diversity?
- Process for REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals) and RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Reporting?
- Environmental policy which includes commitment to legal compliance, continuous measurement and improvements in performance?
- Conflict minerals Reporting?
- Goals and associated action plans for managing and reducing the environmental impact?
- Policy in place regarding prohibiting corruption, extortion, and bribery?
- Agree to abide by Dana business conduct guide?
- Code of Conduct guide?
- Supplier business conduct guide?
- Human rights issues company policies?
- Policy on information security based on industry standards?
- Approved Access control policy?
- Policy for business continuity and disaster recovery?
- Process to protect customer intellectual property?
- Are security policies reviewed annually?