Dana offers an extensive range of innovative transmission thermal-management solutions designed to meet changing requirements – everything from enhancing vehicle performance to reducing emissions.
When powertrain components operate at elevated levels for prolonged periods, the heat they generate must be effectively managed to ensure optimum operating conditions and long-term durability. Oil cooling can be accomplished by air-cooled heat exchangers or coolant-based oil coolers. Likewise, automatic and manual transmissions subjected to high output levels must also be cooled via air or coolant.
We accomplish this through a range of custom cooling modules for engines of all sizes for leading OEM companies worldwide.
- Full range of Long® heat-exchange solutions with both air - and liquid-cooled systems
- Meticulous design, manufacturing, and testing
- Effectively manage heat to ensure optimum operating conditions and long-term durability
- Transmission-Mounted - This oil cooler offers high durability and can stand alone or be integrated with other components as required. The plate-and-fin design, which employs fins between oil channels, provides high heat transfer performance and low air-side pressure drop. Both coolers are installed on vehicle fronts for auxiliary cooling of passenger cars and light trucks.
- Remote-Mounted - With the ability to be remotely mounted, our high-performance oil coolers contribute to a more compact front-end vehicle design. Some models are designed specifically for transmission mounting through either the use of short oil lines and a mounting bracket or direct mounting with a center bolt. When oil line connections and mounting brackets are no longer required, warranty claims are reduced.