Because reducing vehicle noise is a major concern with heat shielding, Dana is constantly researching how materials and design can be paired together or developed in different ways to accomplish this goal.
Dana’s line of Victor Reinz® thermal acoustic protective shielding (TAPS) offers multiple solutions to meet various thermal and acoustic management needs within exhaust or powertrain systems. TAPS protects vehicle systems from engine exhaust heat, and also insulates exhaust components to increase efficiency, fuel economy, and performance of both traditional and hybrid vehicles. A low mass design with fully hemmed edges eliminates vibrations and sharp edges, increasing worker safety.
- Multiple-layer construction protects from extreme temperatures and suppresses noise
- All major CAD platforms supported in the design of TAPS
- Rapid response time for prototypes and production
- Offers the protection you need for tough under-the-hood environments
- Sound Absorbing - Because reducing noise from the exhaust system and its components is a major concern with heat shielding, Dana is constantly researching how materials can be paired together.
- Direct Insulation - Dana continuously develops shielding systems that meet the increasing demands of automotive OEMs. A team of in-house craftsmen can produce top-of-the-line products to cover any part with our proven expertise.
- Integrated Gaskets - Dana is uniquely able to integrate shielding and sealing in one component.
- 3-Layer - Dana's three-layer construction method protects from extreme temperatures and suppresses noise.