Designed for 4x2, 6x2, and 8x2 applications up to 25,000 lbs. (11,340 kg) GAWR, this single drive axle is over 60 pounds (27.2 kg) lighter than its predecessor without compromising performance and durability required for heavy-duty applications.
Products & ApplicationsView Spec Guide for S172 Series Spec Guide.pdf
- Broad range of gear ratios, 3.07 to 6.14, supporting a variety of vocations
- Wide-face, High-Power Density™ AdvanTEK® gearing maximizes strength while reducing weight
- Low hypoid offset designed to maximize strength and improve efficiency while providing lower noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH)
- Ideally paired with a tag axle for use in the EconoTrek™ 6x2 tandem axle, providing weight savings of up to 380 pounds versus standard 6x4 tandem axles
- FE and XFE lube can be specified to further boost fuel economy
- Heavy-duty wall designs for severe-service applications
- Integrated, driver-controlled wheel differential lock for maximum traction and spin-out protection
- SelecTTrac™ option enables use of dual or single-wide-based tires
Please select where you are located to find your representative's information.