The most economical transportation solution for on-highway tandem operations, the Spicer® EconoTrek™ tandem axle features a durable 6x2 configuration that offers a weight savings of up to 450 pounds and increased fuel economy.
This lightweight yet heavy-duty tandem axle provides superior performance benefits for commercial vehicles. Unlike competitive tag axles, the Spicer EconoTrek is up to 21 pounds lighter and features a robust square-edge banjo housing design for added durability and reliability. For added tractive benefits, the Spicer EconoTrek is optimized for use with electronic controlled load distribution air suspension systems.
Products & ApplicationsView Spec Guide for EconoTrek Spec Guide.pdf
- Lightweight 6x2 tandem axle system for added efficiency benefits
- Compatible with electronic controlled load distribution systems for added tractability
- Robust square-edge banjo housing design
- Weight savings of up to 450 pounds over standard 6x4 systems
- 2-3 percent efficiency savings over standard 6x4 systems
- Optimizes the use of single, wide-based tires
- Enables full rating of aluminum hub for maximum weight savings
- Maximizes outer bearing life for most applications
Wheel Differential Lock
- For maximum traction on slippery surfaces
- Increased stability improves operator safety
- Can be retrofitted on certain models
Please select where you are located to find your representative's information.